Easy experiments you can do at home to learn more about wine and wine tasting from theKitchn.com.
Here are five 1-minute projects that will teach you quite a lot about how wine tastes and responds to food. Do them one at a time, or all at once, with friends!
What You Need
- 1 bottle of a light, bright white wine—for example, Sauvignon Blanc (it doesn’t need to be expensive)
- 1 bottle of a heavy, tannic red wine—for example, Cabernet Sauvignon (it doesn’t need to be expensive)
- 2 glasses per person (you’ll have enough wine for up to about 6 people)
- 1 lemon wedge per person
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar per person
- 1/2 teaspoon salt per person
- 1 slice of salami per person, ideally something not too spicy or flavored