The results are in, and once again Sharrott Wines are bringing home the medals!
This year’s Finger Lakes International Wine Competition featured:
- 3756 wines entered
- 20 countries participating
- All 50 States represented
- Plus 6 Canadian Provinces
This is truly an International event, where each wine is judged on its own merit – its presence, balance and varietal character – not by how it compares to other wines in the flight.
According to Sharrott Winery wine maker/owner Larry Sharrott, “Winning a medal at the Finger Lakes Competition is a validation that we are making good wines. There’s a lot of prestige that comes from this international event.”
“But to win Double Gold, which means that every judge gave the wine a Gold medal, means even more. It’s truly a thrill!”
Visit www.fliwc.com for more information and a complete list of winners.
Sharrott’s Winning Wines:
- Vignoles – Double Gold Medal
- Dry Riesling – Silver Medal
- Dry Rose – Silver Medal
- Vidal Blanc – Silver Medal
- Chambourcin 2012 – Bronze Medal
- Crimson Sky – Bronze Medal
- Pinot Grigio – Bronze Medal
- Riesling – Bronze Medal
- Tango 2011 – Bronze Medal