It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
Just take a look at these great appetizer ideas paired with our award-winning wines:
Marinated mushrooms, green olives – Pair with Pinot Grigio, Vidal Blanc, Unoaked Chardonnay or Tango Red.
Chex Party Mix, Spicy Pub Mix – These spicy snacks taste great with our Unoaked Chardonnay or our semi-sweet Vignoles.
Pepperoni slices, salami, deli roast beef – Bring out the reds! Try Tango, Cabernet Franc or Syrah.
- Blue cheese – Trust Cabernet Franc to stand up to this fragrant cheese.
- White cheeses (like Havilah) – Serve with Vidal Blanc, Unoaked Chardonnay, or Vignoles.
- Cheddar cheese – Pairs well with Three Oaks Chardonnay, Merlot, or Tango.
- Fondue (Swiss) – Pour a little of these wines into your fondue for extra flavor: Pinot Grigio, Vidal Blanc, Unoaked Chardonnay, Three Oaks Chardonnay.
Dark Chocolate – Completely yummy with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cranberry, Blueberry, Winter Spice or Wicked!
Chocolate Fondue – Check out our recipe below made with Sharrott Cranberry Wine.
Creamy dips – Require a crisp dry wine like Vidal Blanc or Unoaked Chardonnay.
Chips and Just Peachy Salsa (available in our tasting room) – Help the Food Bank of South Jersey with your purchase of Just Peachy Salsa. Then pair it with Sharrott’s own Just Peachy Sangria – double peachy goodness!
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies – Think peanut butter and jelly here. Try our sweet Crimson Sky.
Sharrott’s Famous Chocolate Fondue
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 2 oz Sharrott Winery Cranberry Wine
1. Heat cream over low heat. Do not boil.
2. Slowly add chocolate, stirring constantly.
3. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth. Just before serving, add wine and stir until combined.
Great with cookies, pretzels, or on a spoon!
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Sharrott Winery!